The Afterschool Alliance works with Voices for Healthy Kids, an initiative of the American Heart Association and The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, to build an Out of School Time (OST) Coalition around increasing children’s physical activity and access to nutritious meals and reducing screen time in Out-of-Time school settings.
OST Advisory Coalition
The purpose of the Voices for Healthy Kids OST Coalition is to assemble a diverse set of stakeholders and subject matter experts that work interdependently to pass Out-of-School Time state healthy eating and physical activity (HEPA) public policies. In addition, the OST Advisory Group will influence ecosystems (systems and environments) within the out of school time settings by supporting healthy eating, physical activity and screen time standards implementation at the local and state level. Current members include:
- Alliance for a Healthier Generation
- Boys and Girls Clubs of America
- Food Research and Action Center
- Kentucky Out-of-School Alliance
- National Institute of Out of School Time
- National Recreation and Parks Association
- South Carolina Alliance of YMCAs
- Utah Afterschool Network
- Voices for Healthy Kids/American Heart Association
- YMCA of the USA
Learn more about the Voices for Healthy Kids funding opportunity and apply.